We're always looking for easy, healthy recipes that the whole family will eat. This one is a winner! Originally posted on Food.com, I've modified it a little bit to be allergen-free. A great base to start with; adapt to your tastes and needs!
Super moist and forgiving recipe; you can add shredded carrots, diced peppers, and other veggies in the mix if you prefer! Comes out a little soft but firms up gradually. Especially good as leftovers!
- 4 T butter
- 2 c chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 c rolled oats (or breadcrumbs)
- 2 eggs (or 1/2 c egg replacer)
- 1 ½ cups catsup
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Melt butter in a skillet. Cook onion and garlic in melted butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook onion and garlic in melted butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine turkey, oats, egg, ½ cup of the catsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper with onion mixture.
- Press meatloaf into an 13×9-inch baking dish (or any combination of smaller dishes, or muffin tins for individual servings). Spread remaining catsup on top.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 50-55 minutes. (Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.) Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.